Wednesday 13 March 2013

focus Group


I learnt a lot of things from my focus groups as it help and improve many of the ideas I first thought of at the beginning for my production. In my focus groups, I was told that it would even be better if I add more female characters in the production. I think it a good idea adding more characters later on in the production but it only two minutes and I need to talk about the issues and events which happen in the production before but shown as a flash back at the beginning, which this will go with the storyline. I also learnt that my TV show is targeted at only male and not have a female audience, but I think it doesn’t because it has a female character in it, like Top Boy and Kidulhood both have certain limit of female characters in a main male film. But I think that having a female character we will gain more female viewing. Moreover, many people thought that I said change the timing and day of the show, as they thought I should change to Wednesdays at 8.00 because of pre watershed TV shows, such as Waterloo Road which has success which can bring in a wide target audience from show, also eastenders isn’t on, on this day, however I think if I show it on the Thursday it better because the audience from eastenders is mostly teenagers who will like these types of shows, urban, British shows. During the focus group it came across that our name seemed quite weird. I believe that this name suites the concept of my idea, as the focus group did not understand where we was coming from, as they do not know why we have named the TV show the my loving heart, so the name of the show I might have to change because people might not get the concept. The first two minutes in need to get the audience engaged quickly and get them hooked. This will then make the viewer want to carry on watching the rest of the series. And the audience would want to know what will happen to the characters at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment