Wednesday 19 December 2012

Mest 2

For the MEST2 coursework I’m going to produce a real life style or reality product, which will be targeting E4's demographics 15-35 year old. The five programs I have chosen which broadcast on E4 are:
       

    Made in Chelsea
        Waterloo Road
       Misfits

Creating Media: Research and Planning



Misfits always stars with a flash back or a very good open sequence, and I think I can add this in my production, as I'm showing the main character, and location and the name  in the opening scenes of the production. Moreover in the production of Misfit there is sound in it, non diegetic sound is being played in the production as it set the mood and set the genre of the production, and I think this is really effective, picking out the best sound track to feature in my production. The sound of misfits doesn't fit well in my production but I feel that I would use this still. Another difference is that I’ll be using bright colour to show the location, setting and characters in the production and it links well with show like Made in Chelsea and The Only way is Essex, also the open sequence of misfit is very long and I think that I’ll shorten mine and make it very effective toward the audience, but use very fast shot to engage the audience, however, I want to show the intro very which will provide some idea of what our storyline will be, but not giving too much away.
    


Waterloo Road has some elements in my production. Some of the elements of Water Road are main character, and location and the name in the opening scenes of the production. The start of the open sequences always start with the character, so I would add this in my production, also  show the location of the school, so I would add this in my production.  . This also relates to our idea as throughout the opening 2 minutes there was non - diegetic sound playing, I think that I would add the in’s but not use this for the whole opening sequence, I would use only for 1 minute of the production. The name of the show is in white bold writing but I’ll just before this, they show the name of the show but in shape of tables and chair, I would use this and apply this to my production linking to the plot of the production. Water road always show a flashback of the previously shows which show the plot of the TV series. Also we do not give away much in our opening sequence about our storyline.



Made In Chelsea has most of the elements I'm going to uses in my production like the 180 degrees shot, as where two character are talking to each other, which I'll use in my production also I can add flash backs. I think I can add this in my production, as I'm showing the main character, and location and the name  in the opening scenes of the production. Moreover in the production of Misfit there is sound in it, non diegetic sound is being played in the production as it set the mood and set the genre of the production, and I think this is really effective, picking out the best sound track to feature in my production. The sound of misfits doesn't fit well in my production but I feel that I would use this still. Another difference is that I’ll be using bright colour to show the location, setting and characters in the production and it links well with show like the only way is essex

No comments:

Post a Comment